24-Hour Attendance line: 480-484-7299
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING OUR ATTENDANCE POLICY FROM THE PRINCIPAL: attendance letter
If you would like to check your student's "real time" attendance, please visit ParentVue.
Use your ParentVue ID. If you do not have one, please call 480 484-7105.
ONLY PARENTS/GUARDIANS ARE ALLOWED TO EXCUSE STUDENTS.
To Report an absence, please call attendance line at 480 484-7299.
- Parent/Guardian must always call if student will not be in school. You can leave a message on the attendance line, which is checked several times daily.
- We need student name (Please speak clearly and slowly)
- ID # (it may be helpful to write your students number by our phone number or save to your cell phone).
- Date, reason, grade, relationship to the student.
- We do not need: 1st hour teacher, homeroom teacher or date of birth.
- Students must always sign in/out in the front office if they arrive late/leave early.
If you are bringing your student in late:
- Please call and leave a message on the attendance line to excuse their late arrival.
- Once you call the attendance line you do not need to come into the office to sign in with your student.
- It is the responsibility of the student to Sign In at the front office, or the absence is unexcused.
If you need to pick your student up early:
- Please call the attendance line in advance to report time the student will be leaving.
- Tell your student a specific time you will be here before they arrive at school. We prefer not to notify them while in class which interrupts instruction time for other students, and we do not have runners every period to deliver a pass to the student.
- Do not text or call them during class time.
- Have your student pick up their pass in the front office prior to class if they are leaving in the middle of a class period. The pass will release them from class.
- Have your student come to the front office to sign out and tell us they are leaving, so we can verify we have a call from you giving them permission to leave/picked up. If we do not have a call, we will not release them until we speak with a parent or guardian.
- We are a closed campus. Once a student is at school they may only leave for legal or medical / dental appointments and must bring an appointment verification with them when they return and sign back in.
- STUDENTS ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO LEAVE CAMPUS DURING LUNCH, UNLESS A PARENT/GUARDIAN COMES INTO THE OFFICE AND SIGNS THEM OUT.
Are absences and tardies counted together?
- No, they are separate.
- the 10th absence per class period per semester results in a LOSS OF CREDIT contract.
- the 10th tardy per class period per semester results in a LOSS OF CREDIT contract.
Do we need to provide verification of absences?
- The attendance office recommends turning in all documentation of absences (full or partial day) in the event the student is on a loss of credit contract and wishes to appeal.
What is the appeals process?
- This is an opportunity for the student to appeal reinstatement of the lost credit.
- The process is described in the attendance appeal letter which is distributed near the end of the semester.
- The student will have one (1) week to complete their appeal packet and submit to the attendance office.
Click here to view the SUSD Uniform Code of Conduct for the
SUSD Attendance Policies (go to page 42-43)