Principal: Mrs. Amy Uchacz
Assistant Principal: Kimberly Mills
Grades: Prekindergarten through Fifth
Colors: Black and Gold
Year Opened: 1959
Pima Lunch Schedule 2015/2016
Pima Elementary School’s mission is to provide a rigorous academic environment that supports and nurtures the development of respect responsibility and citizenship skills necessary for success in the 21st Century. Efforts are concentrated on the acquisition of both academic and social skills and building a life-long desire for learning. Pima’s mission aligns with Scottsdale Unified School District’s (SUSD) mission “To deliver a world-class education promoting the highest level of academic achievement, creativity and personal growth that will inspire greatness in today’s students and tomorrow’s leaders.” Unique in its status, Pima, the only Excelling Title I school in SUSD, is a recognized leader in public education.
- A focus on basic skills and essentials standards. Teachers ensure that all students have a sound foundation in basic skills by implementing research-based practices. In addition to concentrating instruction on grade level standards, remediation occurs through small group instruction and tutoring during the day, and before and after school.
- Pima is a neighborhood community school.Pima is recognized for its strong partnership between students, parents, community and staff. Pima hosts school events such as Title I sponsored Read and Feed nights and Open Library Mornings before school. PTO sponsored activities, such as Family Fun Night and Carnival attract families and neighbors from the surrounding community. The belief is that it takes an entire community to ensure the success of children.
- Use of time with a focus on learning. Staff is committed to eliminating distractions, developing and implementing instructional schedules that promote time on task and reducing non-instructional activities during the school day.
- Maintaining a positive learning environment. “Be safe, Be respectful, Be responsible.” All students are aware of the expectations and are responsible for maintaining the positive learning environment.
- High expectations for students and teachers. Pima staff believes that all students will be successful. The focus is on teaching the essential standards. Teachers differentiate instruction to meet the need of all students by challenging each child at his/her individual academic achievement level.
- Communication between home and school. The Principal communicates with students and community members through weekly newsletters and consistently updated Web pages Teachers send home regular communications and maintain classroom We pages. All staff makes proactive, positive contact with parents a priority at Pima; the staff is highly accessible to parents.
- A focus on school wide programs. Pima embraces research-based programs that make a difference in student achievement by providing academic consistency. Programs are implemented with fidelity and integrity.