Assistant Principal: Mrs.Gena Aikman
Colors: Blue and White
Year Opened: 1980
Cochise Elementary School was established in 1980 and is located at 9451 N. 84th Street, in the heart of McCormick Ranch. The school currently serves 636 students in grades PreK through five, as well as five self contained Special Education classrooms. Cochise is one of 18 elementary schools in the Scottsdale Unified School District and is an "A" Label school as recognized by the Arizona Department of Education.
Cochise Mission Statement
The mission of Cochise Elementary School in alignment with the mission of the Scottsdale Unified School District, is to guarantee that each student achieves academic and personal excellence by nurturing a culture that celebrates diversity, encourages creativity, instills thoughtful traditions, and supports continuous growth and lifelong learning.
Cochise School Objectives
C - Caring Community - To achieve excellence is the shared responsibility of the student, school, family, and community.
A - Academic Excellence - To establish high expectations for students through a commitment to academic rigor and lifelong learning.
T - Tomorrow's Thinkers - To be future ready by providing students the tools and materials that will help them problem solve and apply critical thinking skills.
S - Students First - To promote a safe, structured and supportive learning environment which enables students to grow and succeed.
Scottsdale Unified School District Goals
The Scottsdale school community inspires all students to be passionate learners and empowers them to fulfill their dreams.
- To increase individual student academic achievement and personal growth.
- To provide a positive, respectful and safe learning environment.
- To ensure all students and staff are proficient in the use of technology to acquire and manage information, communication, time and task.
- To provide equity in opportunities, facilities, programs and resources for all.
- To offer comprehensive professional growth programs for staff to provide them with the skills, strategies and resources to meet the needs of all students.